- The COFF’s Orchestra Festival is a competitive event and open for all Marching Band and Ensemble/Orchestra groups, where they should perform in groups with at least 12 but not to exceed 50 members registered for.
- On the registration form, the appropriate division selected should be based on developmental levels and repertoire grade level.
- This festival is intended for all levels of performance groups.
- The total performance time limit on the floor is 15 minutes (which includes of playing a minimum 2 songs, maximum 1-minute tuning, perfomance, and the entering and leaving).
- The competition floor size 14 m x 26 m. (basketball field)
- All musical instruments of windband and percussion are allowed to be used ; Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, and even also Melodion /Pianika, Recorder (Suling), Guitar, etc).
- Electronic and/or keyboard instruments (acoustic or electric) may be used if called for in score. But they may NOT be used as a substitute for another instrument.
- Band can use any type of percussion equipment (not only limited to battery percussion).
It is recommended that conductor is your teacher/trainer
JUDGING AND ASSESMENT
- The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested.
- This festival will be judged by a professional judges. Each judge will use following evaluations to judge the items, the total score possible is 100 :
- Individual Movement Analysys
- Individual Equipment Analysis
- Ensemble Analysis
- General Effect
- For the sake of fairness in assessment, the score of any judges who has teacher-student relations and kinship with the choir will be excluded.
- On the basis of achieved points, participants will be assigned according to the international rules :
- – 90.00 – 100 GOLD with honours
- – 70.00 – 89.99 GOLD
- – 60.00 – 69.99 SILVER
- – 00.00 – 59.99 BRONZE